Business Intelligence Analyst
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empower economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will support and empower the team to make data-driven decisions across the business, for example credit risk, fraud, sales, and product. They will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to identify trends and patterns that inform future business decisions. The duties include complex data modelling, designing data analysis methodologies and compiling reports to present to the management and other teams. The ideal candidate will be able to combine complex data insights with common sense and solid commercial business acumen.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for helping the businesses leverage data and identify opportunities for improvement, spot trends, as well as recognize potential issues and offer solutions. Your work will be aimed towards improving efficiency, increasing productivity, and driving profits for the business. The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning and fully understanding the data landscape in databases and applications
- Using and developing data collection processes
- Reviewing and validating data
- Gathering end user reporting and dashboard requirements
- Developing dashboards and creating reports and supporting users with them
- Communicating insights to senior management and across the organisation
- Bachelors or similar degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative subjects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in English, other European languages are a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Experience using Excel, Google Spreadsheets, and at least some BI/Data tools, such as Tableau, Looker or others
- Experience with languages such as VBA, SQL, R
- Track record of Data / BI roles
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget