Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empower economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfil their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is excited about building features along our ambitious engineering roadmap. The role requires a person that is both experienced with software development, as well as management of design and engineering. We are looking for someone who is keen to “get things done”, and can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively. In this role you will be working as part of a diverse,
energetic team, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
- Deliver world class, tested and documented software code. This is a hands-on role, that requires active coding.
- Collaborate with Partnerships, Operations and Product teams, in order to have a clear grasp of the operational and business needs that impact new products to be created.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of scalable architectures that enable the growth plans of the company.
- Propose and lead the implementation of scalable engineering processes that foster productivity.
- Lead the implementation of observability metrics that help improve processes and address bottlenecks.
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products and processes.
- Review work from peers and advocate for high engineering standards.
- Be an active part of hiring and content creation.
- Solid experience with Node.js and/or React.js
- Solid experience with APIs
- Solid experience with SQL and databases
- Solid experience with Git
- Nice to have experience with AWS
- Nice to have experience with containers (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Nice to have experience with Fintech use cases and partner integrations (Payments, Bank Aggregation, KYC/AML, etc)
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget