Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empower economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for a Financial Controller that is excited about financial innovation, comfortable with financial jargon, and will not be surprised that some of our users get paid in cryptocurrency. Behind our numbers are great stories and you are analytical, data-driven, and moved to use financial reporting to tell those stories and support the company’s growth.
You will integrate the Finance team and focus on cash flow management, consolidation, accounting, and reporting. You are someone highly analytical, detail-oriented, and accountable. Keen to “get things done”, and who can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast-growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively.
In this role will work closely with the CFO and will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with all areas of the company: supporting senior management, investors, operations teams as well as regulatory compliance through performance metrics and sound data insights. You will also work with the Risk Team on the portfolio risk analysis and with the Product & Engineering teams to streamline and automate processes.
• Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance, monitoring and controlling cashflows, revenue, invoicing, and financial performance
• Preparing internal and external financial reports
• Producing and monitor financial KPIs to support management decisions and investor reporting
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the financial monitoring and reporting
• Coordinate and support accounting and consolidation accros geographies
• Assist in the tax and regulatory reporting requirements across geographies
• Assist in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function
• Providing support during audit processes
• 2+ years’ in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Experience with Fintech or financial players (a plus for experience in credit products)
• Good understanding of technology SaaS business models
• Experience managing month-end close, functional reporting, and preparation of statutory account
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
• Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
• Excellent Excell/ Google sheets skills, financial modeling experience is a plus
• Flexibility, being able to adapt and grow in a fast-growth environment operating across multiple geographies (and expanding)
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize
• Be purpose-driven and moved by the fact that each cashflow means a financially healthier customer
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget