Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
About the role
Do you believe that everyone deserves a chance to education and a good job?
We are looking for a Product designer (with a UI focus) to help us build a product/service to allow people to finance their studies and have a fair opportunity in the digital market.
In this role you will navigate our multi-national customers and regulatory requirements; to collaborate closely across customers and the team to find the right solution.
Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team that builds products to students, schools and employers by designing the UI and helping define the experience;
Create visuals to improve the website experience and the content available to users;
Defining and curating our visual identity
Help creating resources for marketing, for partners and for investors;
Collaborate to build our design system.
You will also be involved with research activities with our users, assist content creation, and collaborate with the team to pave a road to a great product.
We will want to know that you:
- Are a designer that is able to answer the immediate needs of a startup but also push for a vision
- Focus on outcomes for our users over the delivery of outputs
- Have experience with digital products, and have experience building or using design systems
- Have experience with modern UI tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Framer, …)
- Know how to work in a distributed, remote and collaborative team
- Have correct communication to ensure the right expectations and team alignment
- Have a good level of spoken and written English
- Work as a team member that facilitates discussions towards a design mindset
- (plus) Experience in financial and/or education market
- (plus) Experience building brand identity
- (plus) Ability to create modern looking illustrations
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are
very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package
motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a
summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empowering economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to
education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently,
millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill
their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial
infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share
Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making
payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and
so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's
transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven
and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities