Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empowering economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to
education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently,
millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill
their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial
infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share
Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making
payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and
so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's
transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven
and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities
About the role
In this role you will work closely with our Head of Product, the founding team, our product development team, and our sales and customer success teams, to build features that unlock scalability and growth and leverage your previous experience deriving data-driven strategy, and working in financial services or another regulated environment. We are looking for someone that is keen to “get things done”, and can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Define and lead initiatives to reach our business objectives, from ideation to evaluation, getting input from team stakeholders and customers, guiding and supporting our product development team, and leveraging BizOps tools (Airtable, Zapier, Autopilot) where it makes sense.
- Challenge and validate assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques.
- Be an active stakeholder in product discussions around the roadmap and delivery plans.
- Be a proactive voice in proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Proven track record of tying together commercials, regulation and customer attitudes and behaviours to improve an existing product experience, including driving operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and validate assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques as well as through rigorous analysis of internal and external data and consumer insights.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders, internal teams and end customers to understand their needs as well as communicating progress and potential operational risks.
- Experience working with cross functional digital teams and able to help them to better understand and consider the impacts of their decisions on the customer, commercials, and risk exposure.
- Detail oriented, have an inquisitive mind, and think thoroughly from first principles.
- Experience with modern Product Management and BizOps tools (Jira, Airtable, Zapier, Autopilot, etc)
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are
very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package
motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a
summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget