Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empowering economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to
education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently,
millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill
their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial
infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share
Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making
payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and
so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's
transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven
and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities
About the role
In this role you will unlock growth by building our key parts of our product from the ground up. It should feel second nature to you to navigate our multi-market payment collection complexities and regulatory requirements; to work under the pressure of a rocket-ship growth of customers; to collaborate closely across customers and the team to define a vision from scratch; and to work closely with our engineers, and get hands on when it makes sense, to drive short term wins along the roadmap.
- Define and lead product and feature launches to enable growth.
- Own our product and feature vision definition and roadmap.
- Define and monitor key product metrics.
- Build close relationships with, and get feedback and buy-in from, stakeholders, the team, and customers.
- Contribute to developing and improving our product development processes, proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Proven track record of tying together commercials, regulation and customer attitudes and behaviours to build and launch new products or features, end to end, to drive growth.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and validate assumptions using product discovery and validation techniques as well as through rigorous analysis of internal and external data and consumer insights.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with stakeholders, internal teams and end customers to understand their needs as well as communicating progress and potential operational risks.
- Experience working with cross functional digital teams and able to help them to better understand and consider the impacts of their decisions on the customer, commercials, and risk exposure.
- Detail oriented, have an inquisitive mind, and think thoroughly from first principles.
- Experience with modern Product Management and BizOps tools (Jira, Airtable, Zapier, Autopilot, etc)
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are
very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package
motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a
summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget