Software Engineer (Backend / Node.js)
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing startup while making a positive impact on the world?
StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empower economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of reskilling and are not able to fulfill their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is excited about building features along our ambitious backend roadmap. The role requires a person that is both experienced with software development, as well as had previous exposure to integrating APIs in a Fintech context. We are looking for someone who is keen to “get things done”, and can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively. In this role you will be working as part of a diverse,
energetic team, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
- Build integrations with partners and providers (mostly Fintech services).
- Collaborate in creating scalable architectures for integrations with 3rd parties, that enable the growth plans of the company.
- Work within the tech team, but closely with operations and product teams as well, both for testing purposes as well as to have a clear grasp of the operational and business impact of the solutions you create.
- Deliver world class, tested and documented software code, that complies with security and privacy standards.
- Be an active stakeholder in software architecture discussions around the features you'll build.
- Be a proactive voice in proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Work cross-functionally to handle and resolve complex and time-sensitive challenges that are important for the company.
- Solid experience with Node.js
- Solid experience with APIs
- Solid experience with SQL and databases
- Solid experience with Git
- Nice to have experience with AWS
- Nice to have experience with containers (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Some experience with frontend development (React.js)
- Nice to have experience with payments and/or bank aggregation integrations
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Personal development budget